Monday, October 13

Favorite Pass Times

I have absolutely wonderful news! It's volleyball time again! I'm so excited to get back to club and to actually get to compete at my own level again. Don't get me wrong, the Jordan High Freshman team was fun and church is always a good laugh but I like to get in other girl's faces and have to work harder than ever before to get points. I'm excited to go back to High Country Volleyball Club!
I am positive that nobody is surprised I'm going back to High-C after my last season. Seriously, my team last year was the best team ever. All of the girls were so awesome and I spent some of the most hilarious times of my life with them. I even lived with them in hotel rooms! So, as a tribute to High Country 13 Elite Team, here are some of my pics from last season. Thanks to my big sister Jennifer who took these wonderful shots. Isn't she just amazing?

This is one of my very, very good friends Lyndi. She was seriously the mouth of our team. She lead us in almost every single cheer all season. That's 9 months of being the loudest of the court! She also gives the best turkeys (a slap on the leg hard enough to make a mark) I've ever seen in my life. She's awesome and I love her!

Jess and I were the oldest on the team. And we were proud of that. We even started our own club. And we were also in charge of keeping Lyndi in line when we went to Spokane. Jess is one of the funniest people you will ever meet in your life. Hence the pic!

Volleyball is the greatest sport on the planet and it is also a team sport. If one person isn't having a good game, nobody is having a good game. That's just how it works. Our adrenaline and good hits fire everyone else up. This leaves a lot of room for cheers, high-fives, and pats on the back. This is a great picture of us celebrating after a good play.

I get really into the sport. This is why I play volleyball and why I am good. Well, good enough to play with these girls! I honestly can't tell you what's going through my head right there. But, it probably has something to do with making a great play and winning the game!

And last but not least, our team picture! We had a great season and it was so much fun to play with these girls. It's fun to get to know other people who enjoy something as much as you do and that's why I love club so much. I was especially thankful to get to go to National Junior Olympics with this team which meant that we has a few extra months together! Volleyball is great!

3 comments:

volleyball chick said...

hey! i love the pictures! your team looks great! well hope to see you at tryouts

Emily Keeter said...

Whoa!! Jennifer is an amazing photographer!!

Car! said...

haha i LOVE the pic of Lyndie...Made my whole day:)