Saturday, January 3

Most Anticipated Movies of 2009

I've decided that, since it's 2009 now, it's time to get excited for all of the new movies that are coming out this year. So here are the most anticipated movies:

X-Men Origins: Wolverine (I know, it sounds lame because it's X-Men. But, you've gotta love Hugh Jackman, especially after Australia.)
Terminator Salvation (I don't really know anything about the Terminator movies because I've never actually seen one, but I want to see anything with Christian Bale. It's just too bad the Governator won't be in it this time.)
G.I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra (This movie is staring Dennis Quaid (Yours, Mine and Ours), Brendan Fraser (George of the Jungle) and Channing Tatum (Step Up, She's the Man). So, it shouldn't be too bad.)
Halo (I will not pay 8 bucks to see that no matter what.)
Angels and Demons (I've never read the book, but it's like the Da Vinci Code, with Ewan McGregor and Tom Hanks.)
The Brazilian Job (A lot like the movie The Italian Job, I suppose.)
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (If you saw the first Transformers, you are probably excited for this one. Because who couldn't love another feature film stuffed full of commercials for General Motors?)
Watchmen (This one looks a little too... strange.)
Avatar (I'll wait to see what other people think about this...)
Star Trek (No comment.)
Public Enemies (This is a film about the earlier 1900s when there were gangsters (no, not those gangsters) sort of like the Mafia or the Mob. Anyway, it stars Johnny Depp who is pretty much amazing in every movie he's in and Christian Bale who is also very good.)
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (You've gotta admire the fact that they are still sticking with these movies. It's gotta be getting close as the longest movie series ever. After all, this one ties it up with Star Wars.)
Up (This is the latest Disney-Pixar flick. I think we can all agree that every single one of Pixar's movies are very entertaining and downright good movies. So, my hopes are high for this one.)
New Moon (With this movie, I'm going to completely forget about Twilight and keep an open mind because, after all, they are getting a new director. Let's keep our fingers crossed.)
The Lovely Bones (I've actually read this book and I thought it was really good. I'm excited to see what they do with this.)
Sherlock Holmes (Unfortunately for New Moon, this movie comes out on the same exact day and I'm going to be honest by saying that I'd rather see this over that. After Iron Man, who can't help but enjoy watching Robert Downey Jr. on scree?)

No comments: